Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Words Of A Child



We were just hanging out together, right in the middle of a normal day. It was Friday afternoon and we weren't doing anything special when these words were spoken by my 4 year old.

"I love this day".
 
"You do,  what do you love about it" I asked, a little surprised at the sudden sentiment. 

And then she said the words that would changed me.

"I love you about this day" she said simply, with the kind of pure love that only a child can give.

It caught me off guard and the moment was held there, suspended in time as I felt something shift inside of me. Love wrapped inside the words of a child and given as a gift to her mama.

I gathered her up in my arms and snuggled in tight; mindful of the moments that pile up high and spill over into a life lived in love.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment